Sunday 14 October 2007

I love you but I've Chosen Darkness



Produced in summer 2003 by Britt Daniel of Spoon, I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness' eponymous debut perfectly captures the band's strong pop-sensibility also found on their debut long-player "Fear Is On Our Side" from earlier this year. Included among the EP's five tracks is the live favorite and venerable set closer "Your Worst Is The Best" which features dueling vocals over a chiming Rhodes and epic guitar lines. Insound

They've got the moody name, the brooding sound, even a dark, shadowy video for their single "According to Plan," but nothing else about Austin's I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness seems to fit the New Wave rock band bill. For starters, the name was not, as it sounds, meant to reflect any goth tendencies. At least not according to lead singer Christian Goyer (formerly of Windsor for the Derby), who answers the obvious question by claiming that his eleven-year-old son came up with the band's moniker. "I'm not saying that's the truth, but that's my answer," laughs Goyer. "He's very mixed up." ROLLING STONE


Mp3 | I love u but Ive Chosen Darkness - Your Worst is the Best
Mp3 | I love u but Ive Chosen Darkness - according to plan

Video | I love you but I've chosen darkness - Your worst is the best
Video | love you but I've chosen darkness - according to plan
Video | I love you but I've chosen darkness - The Owl

Visit
I Love u but ive chosen Darkness
myspace

Label
secretly canadian